Developers need a dew strategy 3-25-07
$2 billion in oil revenues spending in Marin for what? 4-11-99 Marin IJ April 11, 1999. …but, from where I sit, they’re part of the problem
Joe Sixpack crushes thin tin and rambles…
- Joe ambles into his Sacramento Office of Long Term Paining (OLTP) as Lackey-of-the-people? http://peopleslobby.us/lackey-of-the-people/
THE RETURN OF JOE SIXPACK, OR FALSE PERCEPTIONS, LAUDABLE GOALS, 7-13-91 San Rafael Newspointer http://peopleslobby.us/the-return-of-joe-sixpack-or-false-perceptions-laudable-goals/
5. http://peopleslobby.us/computer-analysis/ 10-31-90
6. http://peopleslobby.us/joe-sixpack-returns-from-head/ 7-23-91
Jennifer Comfy railed on Biker Dirk Maloney... 7-14-98 , Unedited version published in Marin Independent Journal ,Marin Voice, With no train can we really clean the air?
Really? Marin has a Northwest Pacific Rail right-of-way? 5-15-96,Marin IJ Wednesday May 15, 1996 Traffic in Marin: Where do we go now? All aboard! The future won’t wait
Regional needs? Not outta my backyard ya won’t! 2-15-95, Published Marin IJ February 15, 1995, Marin Voice, Marin, why not think ‘regional’?
Was that a bird’s eye view or just your view?
Joe’s drinking with yuppies again... July 17-23, 1991, San Rafael Newspointer, published July 17-23, 1991 (unedited version), The return of Joe SixPack, or false perceptions, laudable goals
How many governments really reinvent themselves?
Just seems like common sense to me. How smart you gotta be?
Collected wisdoms on why Marin housing is so expensive: from Marin IJ.
Can St. Vincent’s opportunity overcome NIMBYitis? St Vincent’s is a rare opportunity, JOE WALSH
Saluting teacher sadly waves goodbye... and bemoans housing. Marin Independent Journal, Marin Voice June 20, 2001,A teacher’s salute to his mentors, Thomas A. Thompson
“Elitist” preservation proposal, says struggling professional 24 year old, Marin Independent Journal June 29, 2001, Marin Voice, Preservation proposal is elitist, PATRIK SMIDA
Golden girls may not like this portrayal of their ‘golden opportunity’, Marin Voice, Marin IJ July 22, 2001, A ’golden opportunity’ for whom?, DWAYNE HUNN
IJ hits sneaky baylands curve ball on the noose….
Power lies with a)Government b)Developers c)NIMBYs d)Perception?
“PPs reduce pollution & avoid wetlands so Marin environmentalists support them, right?”
Has Bay Area Council agenda changed much over the decades? What’s their view of PPs?
“In the late 80’s you could own at NEH’s Skylark with an income under $20,000?”
How were you able to make 19/37 ownership units affordable to those earning $20,000 a year?
Joe Sixpack and Mazlo Roth are both working on affordable housing?
Have issues addressing San Rafael’s General Plan update changed much since 1987?
Have East San Rafael’s needs changed much over the years?
“Downzoning can punish a community? You must be goofy and certainly not from Marin.”
“How can you ever call Hamilton’s Berg, Revoir and Howard developers good guys?”
“Hamilton could’ve reduced traffic congestion? You goofy again?”
“Nothing, nada, zilch could have been good about more affordable units and a train at Hamilton!” said Gilbert Upright.
Hamilton housing and traffic analysis letters from Marin County, North Bay TMA and Novato Ecumenical Housing.
Does how political leaders respond to local political pressure really affect our quality of life?
The 101 Corridor Committee sees the logic of intertwining trains and villages.
A copy of Minnesota’s Regional Tax Sharing plan could offer fiscal, land use and environmental benefits.
Hamilton’s Redevelopment Agency Funds could have financed 657 units of low income rental & ownership housing & train seeding.
Building a better Marin with trains and pedestrian pocket villages, two guys tried it at Hamilton, Building a better Marin
“NIMBYs cause FCFC and the the skyrocketing prices of Marin homes?”
Like babies in womb, kickers and screamers, status quo defenders cost us time, money and vision.
How long have you been seeking a Marin Housing Development TrustFund?
How could suing the City to deliver housing to the elderly make Posada del Sol a ghetto?
- Inklings from India
- Xmas 2016
- Joe Sixpack Belches On NIMBYism
- ISOJI Suppport
- Spread the word?
- CASA housing explained
- CASA program a model
- Canal Alliance Wilson
- Extraordinary Ed Joyce
- Greg Brockbank
- Marginal 50% Tax Rate
- AWSC summary
- Robert Redford SJRes67
- Court cases
- Joyce resigns LA Energy Comm.
- Xmas 2015
- Presidential candidates stance on AWSC
- Wealth Income Power
- Tax Bracket Reform Graphs
- Brief PLI history
- Governor former PC Director Celeste
- Peter Coyote support 9-1-2014
- Habitater Joe Mulvey
- Nader on Koupals’ PLI
- Assemblyman Huffman on AWSC
- Nader’s Top Ten
- “Ordinay People…” Why on Nader’s Top Ten
- Marin Supervisor Kinsey
- AWSC RESOLUTION NO. 2008-3-18-08, Marin County
- Maria Shriver on AWSC
- General Plan Update is missing big climate change tool
- Obama’s ’08 AWSC support letter
- Obama’s ’08 support letter
- Assemblyman Mark Leno
- DC staffs met
- Assemblywoman Loni Hancock
- SONOMA DEMOCRATIC CENTRAL COMMITTEE 2007
- 100 Friends Project
- California State Senator Carol Migden
- Dr. Bowman – Presidential State of Union
- Rabbi Michael Lerner
- Supportive words from President Clinton
- Developers need a new strategy
- Marin Democratic Central Committee 2007
- Shirley Graves, Host Public Advocate TV Show
- Christmas 2006
- General Zinni comments on AWSC national service
- Congressional candidate Colleen Rowley 10-06
- Cynthia Matthews, Candidate 25th CD
- VETERANS UNITED FOR TRUTH 2006
- Veterans’ Caucus California Democratic Party 2006
- General Paul Monroe on American World Service Corps Proposal
- Candidate Berg, lost son Nick to war
- Nadia McCaffrey, Gold Star Mom
- Democrats for America-Marin 2006
- Denis McQuaid, Congressional Candidate, Mayor
- Charles McGlashan, Marin Supervisor
- John Rensenbrink, Co-founder US Green Party
- Charles Brown, Congressional Candidate
- Dave Dionisi, Teach Peace Foundation
- Former Congressman Pete McCloskey
- Democratic World Federalists Support Resolution 2006
- 6th Assembly District Support 2006
- California Democratic Party Support Resolution 2006
- John Alden, Assembly Candidate
- CALIFORNIA COLLEGE DEMOCRATS SUPPORT 2005
- Greg Brockbank
- How to prepare for disasters
- Why a ‘productive, civilian national service’ is needed
- Xmas 2004
- An army of volunteers for peace
- Enlarged Peace Corps could change map
- Pitching in to help build peace
- Sue Nelson remembers
- John Forester remembers
- Diana Fleetwood O’Brien remembers
- Collected wisdoms on why Marin housing is so expensive:
- Federal bay refuge simply is too much
- A ’golden opportunity’ for whom?
- Preservation proposal is elitist
- A teacher’s salute to his mentors
- St Vincent’s is a rare opportunity
- ‘Smart’ planning needed in Marin
- I see San Rafael in 2020, and it works
- Ballot Boxing
- 10 questions for San Rafael
- Response to Denver Post
- Response to Broder’s “Snake…”
- Dangerous Initiatives: A Snake in the Grass Roots
- Nixon v. Shrink 2000
- Oh, God, have mercy on our failures
- …but, from where I sit, they’re part of the problem
- U.S. Initiative can give us more clout
- A U.S. initiative can give us more clout